Just found a 4th story, and it also says A/B & C/D.
Virginia/North Carolina News
Just found a 4th story, and it also says A/B & C/D.
Virginia/North Carolina News
There is also one in the coalfiels which I will summurise into saying that it is not going to be a strait AB/CD split some Region C Div 1 teams will play on the other side of the state and some from region B Div 2 will play on our side of the state.
Another change will be that once 4 teams are left they will be cross bracketed sort of like Basketball so 2 teams from the same district could be playing in the state championship game
Games between teams that must travel more than 200 Miles must play on a nurtral field
And probably the biggist news.....if this works out favorable look for the other sports to follow the same path within a year or two
In this "New World" Div 1 will be
George Wythe 471
J.J. Kelly 468
Grundy 468
Patrick Henry 445
Chilhowie 445
Coeburn 416
Honaker 397
Galax ` 389
Rural Retreat 380
Clintwood 321
Bland 316
Holston 300
Northwood 288
Castlewood 284
Haysi 281
Narrows 255
J.I. Burton 253
Rye Cove 250
Thomas Walker 244
Pound 241
Twin Springs 234
Twin Valley 226
Appalachia 223
Hurley 199
Ervinton 177
St. Paul 161
And div 2 will be
Wilson Memorial 754
Stuarts Draft 751
Lee High 728
Gate City 683
Virginia High 674
Appomattox 667
Gretna 661
Chatham 661
Glenvar 638
Dan River 637
John Battle 629
Grayson Co. 628
Floyd Co. 620
Buffalo Gap 605
Nelson Co. 571
Lebanon 568
Graham 553
Powell Valley 540
Giles 520
Ft. Chiswell 494
Riverheads 491
James River 480
If this passes I hope we leave the LPD, we would have no business staying in this district from a power point stand point. We would be the only D2 school, we should just join the CMD and be done with it.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
It has to pass the Executive Committee to go into effect is what I understand.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
If that happens I have no problem with us staying LPD as it is now we have no business here if this system passes. FWIW, I hope this passes and teams in this area have a legit shot. Also, if this passes and is adopted for all sports JJK would destroy some of the D1 teams in baseball.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
If you just total the kids, PV/Appy would be larger than the largest school.
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
By 9 Students (I honistly thought Appy was under 200 kids now)
I think IF the consoladation thing happens Many from Appy will end up in Norton many from Pound will end up at Clintwood and many from St Paul will end up at Castlewood....At this point it is hard to figure what the size of any of the schools will end up being.
Bookmarks